To make Pittsburgh one of America’s most walkable cities.
WalkPittsburgh.org provides resources and support to encourage walking as a viable commuting option, improve pedestrian safety, communicate the health and economic benefits of walking, and ensure that walkability is factored into transportation and development plans.
Walk With Us!
Do you want to improve air quality and reduce congestion in Allegheny County? Are you looking for a fun and innovative way to get healthier while walking? Join us in this new initiative to help make Pittsburgh one of “America’s Most Walkable Cities”!
Your steps will be automatically uploaded from the Mobile App to the WalkPittsburgh website to get a grand total of steps taken by all participants.
Start by getting some extra steps in during your day with these simple tips:
- For errands, instead of driving walk to the convenience store, grocery store, post office…etc.
- Take a walking break from the computer while at work or at home
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator
- Park your car a little farther away and walk the extra distance
- Get off the bus a stop or two early and walk the rest of the way
- Take a walk during mornings or evenings at home or during a lunch break
Website: Walk Pittsburgh